Author archives: Sutton Studios
We deliver portraits of relationships.
Emotional landscapes that jump up and lick you in the face.
The relationships you’ve created are the real masterpieces.
Trust David to capture and illustrate their nuanced, joyous beauty.
- I did not mean to become a dog photographer.Then one day, trudging against the undertow of a relationship's recent end, I met an eight-week-old Border Collie/Cattledog cross. I took him home, named him Zane!, and things began to shift. Important things. His presence in my life and my commitment [...]
- "Never work with animals or children."- W. C. Fields.As a pet-centric portrait photographer, I work with animals and children all the time. Often at the same time.When people I meet find out what I do for a living- after they finish questioning my sanity - they frequently ask me, "Which [...]
- Why do dogs get such a charge out of sticking their noses out the window of a moving car? Are they simply enjoying the feel of wind in their faces, flapping their ears to the point of almost-takeoff?I don’t think that’s it at all. Allow yourself to quasi-experience the window rush from a dog’s p[...]
- A little while back I had the flu (yes, that flu) so I set up camp on the couch, and took the opportunity to revisit a couple of my favorite films, La Jetée by Chris Marker and Don't Look Back by D. A. Pennebaker. The two films haven't much in common save for that both of them offer pleasures to fan[...]
this is body text on dogs
David Sutton takes photos of cats.
- Jess Craigie wants you to know, first and foremost, that she understands and respects the city's leash laws. Jess also wants you to know that she likes and respects seagulls as much as she likes dogs, and if her dog Moxie had stood even the remotest chance of catching a seagull that beautiful, Sprin[...]
- As the first warm winds weave through our neighborhood in early May, and I tend to some outdoor Spring cleaning, I notice two little girls making up games outside. They pause to chat with a neighbor out walking her dog. The lady walks on, and I can almost see the light bulbs pop over the girls' head[...]
- "I just wanted to tell you again how absolutely thrilled I am with the photos you took of me and Snickers. The one I selected for my office is, hands down, the best picture anyone has ever taken of me. The fact that my beloved pup is part of the picture only adds to my happiness. Phenomenal job--I[...]
- Emma Williams, Manchester Evening News SyndicationThese two dogs are more than just best friends, they share a rare bond.Ellie, a young cavalier King Charles spaniel in England, is almost completely blind. While her owner and a local animal organization are working to raise money for a visi[...]